Hurricane Harvey Response – #PrayforTexas
A message from Brian Sanders, EVP, PAR
On behalf of our team here at Positive Alterative Radio, thanks to everyone who joined us for today’s conference call. As we said at the outset, this is what the #ENCW Project is all about! The purpose of this document is to make it easy for your station to tie-in and do your own project in support of God’s Pit Crew, Convoy of Hope or whomever you wish to work with.
- Audio – We’ve set up a Dropbox folder where we have some digital audio assets already, and more will be added. This is your place for interviews, soundbites and more.
- Graphics – PAR’s Creative Services Team has created digital graphics in standard formats to call your audience to prayer for Hurricane Harvey victims, as well as to serve as a bridge to supporting God’s Pit Crew. These graphics can be customized with your station/organization logo. Use them on your website, Facebook and other social media sites.
- Documents – We are including documents as we receive them from God’s Pit Crew, Convoy of Hope and #ENCW Project partners. These can be used to plan your response project.
Link to Audio/Graphics/Documents:
- Stories/show prep – Our teams are scouring the Internet to find remarkable stories about neighbors helping neighbors in Texas. We will update a Google Drive document to provide you with great content to talk about on-air, share on social media or reference in other ways.
Stories/show prep link:
- Info about God’s Pit Crew – Our friends at Advocace´ have worked with their client, God’s Pit Crew to put together a toolkit for any station wanting to create a partnership. I5810 Media has provided a messaging document that explains how to ask listeners for gifts, with language approved by Randy Johnson, GPC. This is included in the Graphics/Audio/Documents Dropbox folder (see above).
Link to all info about GPC & toolkit from Advocace’:
- Info about Convoy of Hope – They are working with K-LOVE, Air1, AGCU and Central Bank to operate from a distribution site that right now consists of a 9,000-square foot tent in Victoria, Texas. They are setting up a drive-through point of distribution. The graphics/audio Dropbox (see above) has a graphic for use with social media or share with partners. They are on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. They have a contact listed in the contacts below.
- Info about the Amen Prayer App – Morgan Wood has quickly set up a special area of Amenprayer.com called “Pray4Houston.” There, anyone can leave a prayer request for anyone affected by Hurricane Harvey. Listeners (or really anyone accessing the area) can also read requests and pray. These are prayer requests, not a place for tangible assistance. We are working on future links for that. Also, Morgan will work with God’s Pit Crew so that future Blessing Bucket’s distributed to Hurricane Harvey victims can include a card for them to return with their specific prayer requests, or another method to gather requests from the field. We will share this idea with Convoy of Hope, as well.
Link to Amen Prayer App, special prayer area:
- Conference call information – In case you missed the video conference with all the info, it was recorded:
Link to view conference call:
- If someone is stranded in Dallas-Fort Worth and needs a ride or some assistance passing through to get to a flooded area and do relief work:
Other Contact Info:
PAR / #ENCW Project
PAR / #ENCW Project
Amen: The Prayer App
God’s Pit Crew
Senior Director, Public Relations
Convoy of Hope
417.851.4537 – Direct
417.300.5432 – Mobile
If you would like your contact info or someone you are working with to be included in this document, please email it to email@example.com.
Sign up for Dear Christian Radio’s Weekly Email!