Dear Christian Radio,
There is nothing quite like the feeling of winning. Imagine the moment right before you cross the finish line, score the final point, or watch the game-winning shot go in, just before the buzzer sounds. There is something magical about the thrill of victory and the satisfaction of knowing that you gave it your all and succeeded. The interesting thing about winning is that in order to win you have to compete.
Compete (verb); to strive to gain or win something…to take part in a contest.
In order to compete, you must have a competitor…and that’s where things can get a little tricky in Christian Radio. So, who’s the competition? Well, the simple answer is whomever or whatever you choose. Your competition could be secular radio stations in your market; it could be your own ratings, your station’s fundraising goals, or even the quality of different shows…really, it’s whatever you choose.
Winning vs. Win
The Win: There is no doubt about it, to win is spectacular—the crowd goes wild, the confetti falls from the sky, you kiss the trophy—but then, after all the pomp and circumstance, you go home. The season ends and the game lives on as nothing more than a memory.
Winning: Winning is different from a win. Winning is only part of the win. Winning is the moment when you push yourself a little harder, give a little more, and just know that you’ve got this! Winning is a process, it takes a lot more time than the final moment when victory is declared. When we are winning we know that each action we take is getting us closer to the win.
As followers of Christ our real win comes when we are welcomed into heaven and we hear those long awaited words, “Well done.” Until then, we have work to do; we have to know what the goal is, know the plan, and take action.
Three Reasons to Win
- Lives depend on it: You have experienced and heard the stories of this broken world. You know that people need Jesus and that Christian Radio provides a powerful way for them to connect with Him.
- Scripture tell us to: “…Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 3:13-14)
- Personal growth: To win means work. It means getting in the game, becoming the best you can be, and creating momentum towards the future.
Dear Christian Radio…
- Enjoy winning – Enjoy being the best you can be. Take pleasure in knowing that you get to be a part of the greatest game ever!
- Learn, Learn, Learn – Make a firm commitment to lifelong learning and look for new ways to compete.
- Build a winning team – Surround yourself with people who inspire you and push you to be your best. Doing so makes life more interesting and keeps you in the game.
Sign up for Dear Christian Radio’s Weekly Email!